HIPAA / HITECH
HIPAA compliance solutions assist healthcare providers, doctors, private practitioners, hospitals, clinics, nursing home facilities and other health agencies maintain and/or implement Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance.
There are three main HIPAA compliance requirements; the Security Rule, the Privacy Rule and the Breach Notification Rule. The HIPAA Privacy Rule and the HIPAA Security Rule require covered entities to obtain written assurances that their business associates will appropriately safeguard Protected Health Information (PHI). The Breach Notification Rule requires HIPAA covered entities and their business associates to provide notification following a breach of unsecured protected health information; covered entities must provide notification of the breach to affected individuals, the Secretary, and, in certain circumstances, to the media. Failure to comply can result in civil and criminal penalties.
The Omnibus Rule was put into effect by under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, passed in 2009 as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Read the Final Rule in the Federal Register here. The purpose of HITECH is to promote the adoption and meaningful use of health information technology. Implementing security controls appropriate for protected health information can reduce liability and protect the reputation of health organizations.
IT Risk Pros offers solutions to assist with protecting confidentiality, maintaining the integrity and optimizing availability of protected health information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH). These health acts require all healthcare organizations to apply uniform data security and privacy processes to uphold patient and physician confidentiality. We offer the following HIPAA Compliance Solutions:
- HIPAA Auditing, Vulnerability Assessments & Mitigation – We have designed our auditing services to provide actionable, data-driven roadmaps to augment your organization’s long-term mitigation strategies and reduce risks.
- Network & Equipment Hardening – Our skilled engineers configure network security devices and computer equipment containing patient data.
- Information Assurance & Risk Management – Our experienced consultants work with your staff and stakeholders to thoroughly assess risk and determine the appropriate risk treatment that meets your organization’s risk tolerance.
- Incident Response – Our RMF Pros have implemented compliance frameworks for some of the largest medical companies in the world; we will develop and implement an incident response plan tailored for your organization.
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Programs – We will assist your organization in developing a business continuity plan that will allow the critical units of your organization to operate uninterrupted, even in the midst of a potentially catastrophic disaster.
- Penetration Testing, Scanning, Monitoring & Response Planning – Our technical experts will examine your network using an industry standard set of network security tools and provide risk ratings, remediation recommendations, and maturity roadmaps designed to improve your overall Security, IT Architecture and reduce the threat of attack or compromise.
Call IT Risk Pros today at 888.811.RISK (7475), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your HIPAA / HITECH compliance needs with an experienced consultant.